Wednesday, September 2, 2015

An introduction

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Anxiety and fear can immobilize a person from deep within. I often find myself most afraid of how the anxiety itself will control my life. It is this fear that begins a whirlwind of trouble and triggers what psychologists call catastrophizing thoughts. This is where a person can take the smallest thing or thought and turn it into a full blown disaster in their mind. 

A variety of stratagies have helped me get my anxiety mostly under control. From medications, to therapy and meditation, I have learned skills and tools to calm my mind. I still have challenging days, and today was one of them which encouraged me to begin this new blog. I have another blog dedicated to my journey as a mother after multiple pregnancy losses, and writing has been so healing for me. I also have a passion to end the stigmatization attached to so called "taboo" subjects such as grief and mental health struggles.   

So I invite you into my anxious heart and mind and I hope that as I use this blog as just another tool for myself, I can also help others know that we are not alone in this journey and there is hope and love to get us through.




No comments:

Post a Comment